Experience as a coach (formal/Informal)
Experience as a facilitator
Steve would be great in leading projects on community development, land use planning, transportation, workforce development, and public engagement for a wide range of public policy and planning issues. . He would be less suited to highly technical projects that would be outside his domain knowledge. He is also not interested in projects where the leaders’ political leanings are focused on far-right-wing issues or policies.
Public engagement, public policy, organizational development, healthcare, mental health for youth, neighbourhood redevelopment, land-use planning, transit and transportation
- Public engagement, public policy, organizational development, healthcare, mental health for youth, neighborhood redevelopment, land-use planning, transit and transportation
- How to work with local government agencies, government leaders, non-profit leaders, foundation leaders
- Meeting design
- Liberating Structures
- Great at maintaining calm in the face of ambiguity, adapting as needed
- Experience working in complex long-term, multi-stakeholder projects
- Great at innovating on the fly
Areas of development and learning
- Keen to diversify facilitation work into other sectors (other than public engagement)
- Keen to work on projects focused on racial equity, structural racism, and systems of oppression.
- Building coaching skills and doing more work in coaching
UFacilitate exists to coach leaders so they can create the conditions that are needed to drive inclusion and collaboration.