Rita Alma is an organizational and certified leadership coach, conflict mediator, and equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) strategist who guides organizations and their leaders to foster positive and sustainable systemic change to strengthen employee and client experience, amplify social impact, and create cultures of learning and innovation that promote accessibility, equity and inclusion for all. Her specialties include leveraging EDI to strengthen cross-cultural and cross-functional collaboration, building buy-in for change across all leadership levels, coaching leaders to grow and implement inclusive management practices, growing team’s ability to navigate conflict and guiding them through the process of transforming their cultures. She is passionate about group facilitation and unearthing bias to leverage practices and systems that allow oppression to thrive into opportunities to enhance equity and success for all. During her spare time, she enjoys engaging in community healing and learning projects, swimming in lakes and oceans, singing, and cuddling her elderly pug, Pogo.
Experience as a coach (formal/informal)
Experience as a facilitator
Gender equity, Self-improvement groups, women-led businesses, Race Equity, Entrepreneurship, Leadership and team coaching
- Systems thinking or systems practice, Somatics, Co-active coaching frameworks, conflict mediations, frameworks for understanding the connection between emotional histories and oppression, teaching about oppression and liberation, race equity, LGBTQ+ equity, skills for difficult conversations
- Training and learning sessions; interactive and tangible takeaways
- Relationship and trust-building
- Facilitating inclusive and highly engaging meetings, including online
- Understanding what each person in the room needs
- Building organizational structures to drive change (i.e. Employee Resource Groups, Diversity councils, etc)
- Conducting strategic planning and action planning sessions with teams on equity-related initiatives
- Inclusive and Equitable event design
Areas of development and learning
UFacilitate exists to coach leaders so they can create the conditions that are needed to drive inclusion and collaboration.