North America, LatAm, Africa, United Kingdom, Continental Europe, South-East Asia
Experience as a coach (formal/informal)
Experience as a facilitator
James loves delving into challenges where the actual people involved are at the center, analyzing, understanding, and growing together. He works very well in international and/or intercultural environments. The roles he prefers least are that of a simple 'number cruncher' or as someone whose main focus is creating a 'shiny report'.
Environmental sustainability, Healthcare, Education, Skill development and employability, Microfinance, Gender equity, self-help groups, women-led businesses, Financial inclusion, International development, Child protection, Peace and conflict, First nations & aboriginal rights, Race equity, Land use, housing, city planning, Technology, Policy making, Incarceration, Entrepreneurship
- Methodologies creatively used: Appreciative inquiry, Systems thinking or systems practice, 6 thinking hats, World Cafe, Art of Hosting, Design Thinking and Human-Centered Design, Liberating Structures, Scenario planning, SWOT analysis, RACI, Somatics, Ethnography, UX design, Deep Democracy
- Extensive experience working with multiple cultures and understanding specific cultural nuances that affect behaviors
- Experience with policy work
- Experience with venture capital work Coaching, education, skill development is a particular expertise
- Enjoys building 1-1 connections with clients
- Understanding the context and adapting a project to the context
Areas of development and learning
- Theory U
UFacilitate exists to coach leaders so they can create the conditions that are needed to drive inclusion and collaboration.