|Crystal Y. White is an organization consultant and facilitator passionate about helping people live out their greatest values. She worked in community-based organizations in the Washington, DC region for 15 years, committed to serving people most impacted by systemic oppression. She co-founded a music and social justice youth organization, Girls Rock! DC; then served on the first formal board of the international Girls Rock Camp Alliance, as the co-chair of the Shifting Power Committee (formerly Diversity & Inclusion). Crystal is co-founder and partner of Co-Lab Consulting, a consulting practice helping organizations align their work with their values and move skillfully through change. She also consults with CoNexus Consulting and is a collaborator with The Septima Project. A first-generation college graduate, Crystal holds an MS in Organization Development and a BA in International Studies, both from American University. She lives in Washington, DC, and Warren, OH, spending her free time meandering through museums and woods.|
Experience as a coach (formal/informal)
Experience as a facilitator
Crystal would be great at collaborating with a Lead facilitator on organizational culture building, change management, team building, and community building type activities.
Community-based non profits
- Methodologies creatively used: Appreciative Inquiry, World Cafe, SWOT analysis, Visual Explorer (Virtual)
- Organizational development, strategy planning, change management
- Great at working on relationship building and trust-building
- Great at getting a deep understanding of the context of a person and organization
Areas of development and learning
- Getting into the details of a project and the action planning.
UFacilitate exists to coach leaders so they can create the conditions that are needed to drive inclusion and collaboration.